A 60 year old woman with a 10 year history of Type II diabetes presents with multiple complications including retinopathy, peripheral neuropathy and declining renal function.
She has not had the urge to eat as of recently she feels “full” after a few bites. The incidence of nausea and feeling bloated occurs at least twice a day and even after a glass of water she feels bloated. She also complains of fatigue and not been able to keep up with daily chores.
A radiographic gastric emptying study shows a prolonged gastric emptying time.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- What is the typical diagnosis for a patient who presents with this clinical picture?
- What is the likely pathophysiologic process responsible for the presenting symptom? Support your response with a credible source.
- What is the class of the drug used to treat the pathophysiolog?. Discuss the pharmacologic management plan for this patient.
- Outline the mechanism of action and any possible contraindications of the pharmacologic management plan that you identified for the patient.
- Prepare and submit a 3-4 page paper [total] in length (not including APA format).
- Answer all the questions above.
- Support your position with examples.
- Please review the rubric to ensure that your assignment meets criteria.
- Submit the following documents to the Submit Assignments/Assessments area:
- Case Study: Gastrointestinal