Direct i ons: Write out the meaning f or each combining form, prefix, and suffix. Then locate a new term f rom the chapter that uses the word part. Combining Forms Meaning Chapter Term Meaning
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
4. bronchiol /o
5. coni /o
6. chol ecyst/o
7. chol edoch/o
8. col /o
9. col on/o
10. divert i cul/o
Word Parts Assi gnment (Part 2): Direct i ons: Bel ow are ter ms built f rom word parts. Analyze each ter m by li sti ng and defini ng the word parts used to buil d it . Medi cal Ter m Word Part/Meani ngs
3. AP view
6. N & V
7. & P
Case Study Assignment (Part 4) Direct i ons: Bel ow i s a case study presentati on of a patient w i th a condi t ion covered i n Chapter 10. Read the case study, and answer the questions bel ow. Some questions wi ll ask for i nf or mat ion not incl uded wi thi n thi s chapter. Use your textbook, a medical di ct ionary, or any other ref erence mater ial you choose to answer these questi ons. Be sure to ci te any outside sources, incl uding the textbook, i n APA for mat. An 88-year-ol d femal e was seen i n the physi cian’s office compl aini ng of SOB, dizziness, orthopnea, el e v ated temperature, and a product i v e cough. Lung auscul tation re veal ed ral es ov er the R bronchus. CXR rev eal ed flui d i n the RUL. The pat ient was sent to the hospi tal w i th an admitt i ng diagnosi s of pneumoni a. Vital signs upon admi ssi on were: temperat ure 102°F, pul se 100 and rapi d, respi rat i ons 24 and l abored, bl ood pressure 180/110. She was treated wi th IV ant i bi ot ics and IPPB. She responded well to treat ment and was rel eased home to her famil y w i th oral ant ibi otics on the thi rd day. Cri t i cal Thi nking Questi ons Answer the questi ons below regarding thi s case study. Do not just copy words out of the case study; transl ate all medical ter ms. To answer some of these questi ons, you may need to look up inf or mati on f rom another chapter of thi s textbook.
1. What i s thi s pati ent’s admitt i ng diagnos i s? Look thi s condi t i on up i n a reference source, and i ncl ude a short descri ption of i t .
2. Li st and def ine each of the pat i ent’s presenting symptoms i n your own words.
3. Defi ne auscul tat i on and CXR. Descri be what each rev eal ed i n your own words.
4. What does the ter m “ vital si gns” mean? Describe the pati ent’s vital signs i n your own words.
5. Descri be the treat ments she receiv ed whil e i n the hospital i n your own words.
6. Expl ai n the change i n her medi cat i on when she was di scharged home.